What I do
My focus is on front-end development and architecture, and I love to build styleguides and component libraries for the web, and of course: accessible, inclusive and responsive. But I have absolutely no problem building full stack websites with my favorite content management system Kirby. I like DevOps and the terminal and care a lot about performance and efficiency. And I like to teach about all that stuff and share my knowledge one-to-one or in workshops.
I mostly work with/for full-service agencies, other developers and graphic designers. I am a team player and don't give a fuck about tabs vs. spaces (as long as it's consistent). I'm not a designer, but I have an eye for what works and what doesn't. I have a degree in computer science and tons of experience building websites.
If you want to work with me contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can meet up over a coffee or tea and talk about your project and ideas.
- If you are racist, sexist, antifeminist, homophobic, a weapons dealer or just some other kind of asshole, I won't work with or for you.
- I am an honest and upfront person and I like to question and to be critical. And that's what I expect from you, too.
- I don't do non-responsive, non-accessible websites, and I test with real devices.
- A slow website is a bad website. Performance matters, and I care a lot about it.
- Everything I do, every single line of code I write is open source. If it's mine, it's yours.
- I have high expectations regarding my own work. In return I expect fair and punctual payment.
- I'm not a magician: if your content is crap, your website will be crap—there is nothing I can do about that by coding.
- Search engine optimization is voodoo. I prefer to build websites for the actual users than for ever-changing corporate algorithms.
- I regard myself as a craftsman, and that's why I prefer to choose my tools by myself. You can pry Vim from my cold dead hands.
- I am only one person, if I feel that a project is too big for me, I will tell you and/or look for help.
- native german speaker
- fluent in business english
- bad french and chinese