What I do
I focus on frontend development and architecture, and love to build styleguides for the web. But I have absolutely no problem building full stack websites with small content management systems like WordPress or Kirby. I like DevOps and the terminal and care a lot about performance. And I like to teach about all that stuff and share my knowledge.
I mostly work with/for full-service agencies, other developers and graphic designers. I am a team player and don't give a fuck about tabs vs. spaces (as long as it's consistent). I'm not a designer, but I have an eye for what works and what doesn't. I have a degree in computer science and tons of experience building websites.
If you want to work with me just give me a call or send an email to email@example.com, so we can meet up over a coffee or tea and talk about your project.
- Everything I do, every single line of code is open source. If it's mine, it's yours.
- I am an honest and upfront person and we can talk about everything, and that's what I expect from you, too.
- A slow website is a bad website. Performance matters, and I care a lot about it.
- I don't do non-responsive websites anymore. It's 2017.
- Blind, dialog-free implementation of website layouts is boring. I like to question and to be critical.
- I am open for almost any project, but if you are looking for a developer for your local right-wing party or hategroup: get lost.
- I have high expectations regarding my own work. In return I expect fair and punctual payment.
- I'm not a magician: if your content and images are crap, your website will be crap. And there is nothing I can do about that by coding.
- Search engine optimization is voodoo. I prefer to build websites for the actual users than for ever-changing corporate algorithms.
- I regard myself as a craftsman, and that's why I prefer to choose my tools by myself. You can pry Vim from my cold dead hands.
- I am only one person, if I feel that a project is too big for me, I will tell you and/or look for help.
- Let's talk first. Maybe you can save a shitload of time and money, if we just meet up and chat about your ideas.
- fluent in business english and native german speaker